Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
UK Free Shipping on this Item!
In Stock (Dispatched within 2 working Days)
- Item number: SW11026
- Platform: PC
Pacific Combat Pilot brings together two iconic carrier-based fighters from the Pacific Theatre of World War II. The rugged Grumman F4F-3 and F4F-4 Wildcats fought throughout the war but are famed especially for their epic duels against the Japanese Mitsubishi Zero. Their aerial battles pitted the armour of the Wildcats and their pilots’ tactical skill against the firepower and agility of the Zero – now FSX pilots can take to the skies in superbly detailed models of these deadly foes.
The British version of the Wildcat was named the Martlet, and eight MKI and MKIV planes are included here as bonus content alongside the eight Wildcat and five Zero aircraft, all modelled to the very highest specifications by the award-winning warbird specialists at Aeroplane Heaven.
- High definition pre-war and wartime liveries – four each for the F4F-3 and F4F-4 Wildcats, and five for the Mitsubishi A6M2-21 Zero.
- Bonus content – the British MKI and MKIV Martlet variants in eight different paint schemes.
- Superbly detailed models built from plans of the real aircraft – the numerous animations include accurate wing folding mechanisms.
- Aircraft are compatible with FSX Acceleration and can be catapulted and trapped on the included carriers.
- The fully functional virtual cockpits are complete with many custom coded gauges, animated pilots in a choice of uniforms to suit the aircraft, illuminated gunsights and accurate variations between models.
- Choice of Wildcat aircraft with and without tanks, and a toggle switch in the Zeros for selecting either a drop tank or bomb on the external hard point.
- Highly accurate flight dynamics closely simulate the performance of the real aircraft, with characteristic short take-off capability for carrier operations.